Food Strategy Outreach Coordinator
Food Strategy Outreach Coordinator
Job Title: Food Strategy Outreach Coordinator
Term: 48 week contract Start date: November 2019
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
With direct supervision from reThink Green and guidance and direction from the Greater Sudbury Food Strategy Implementation Work Group, the Food Strategy Outreach Coordinator will create a solid base for future action on the Greater Sudbury Food Strategy. This will occur through interviews with key organizations, through community outreach and by gathering stakeholders together to plan next steps.
The Food Strategy Outreach Coordinator will undertake the following tasks:
· Compile an inventory of existing resources and organizations contributing to the implementation of the Greater Sudbury Food Strategy.
· Interview local organizations regarding their current projects and resources that relate to Food Strategy actions to a) identify gaps and needs for moving the Food Strategy forward and b) to make connections between organizations and individuals to help improve communication and coordination of activities within our community. Participant will design survey/interview questions, conduct interviews and compile results (with assistance where required).
· Attend local events to do outreach and promotion of the Food Strategy, promote the work of the Greater Sudbury Food Policy Council (GSFPC), and recruit new members.
· Maintain and update information related to the Food Strategy on the GSFPC website and promote the Food Strategy as well as partner activities through social media.
· Organize a networking event to bring together over 50 stakeholder organizations and individuals interested in taking on actions within the Food Strategy.
· Assist with the preparation of funding applications to further future projects related to the Food Strategy.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· The ideal applicant would have a background in one or more of the themes outlined in the Food Strategy (Nutrition, Food Security, Agriculture, Food Processing, Food Service, Food Tourism, Science Communications).
· Experience with event planning is a significant asset.
KEY SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
· Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills (oral and written) Attention to detail in written communication. Experience in conducting interviews, report writing, grant writing and French language skills are assets.
· Project Management Skills: Conscientious and detail-oriented; ability to plan, strategize, set goals, develop work plans, work efficiently and track progress; strong ability to work independently; ability to multi-task and assist with multiple projects and initiatives; initiative to explore new ideas and create new opportunities; ability to make decisions and resolve problems.
· Interpersonal Skills: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations. Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions.
· Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and adapt to a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Ability to learn new technologies and master new skills.
· Local Food Knowledge: Current knowledge of key local food issues and projects. Continued interest in learning and expanding knowledge of the Greater Sudbury local food community.
This position is funded through the Ontario Job Creation Partnership. To be eligible candidates must:
· Be a resident of Ontario
· Be unemployed or under-employed working less than an average of 20 hours per week.
· Have an active EI claim or have had an EI benefit period that ended within the previous 60 months.
· Be actively seeking full-time employment
· Complete an assessment with an employment service provider to confirm eligibility before a job offer can be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter and resume to info(@)rethinkgreen.ca. Interviews will begin November 8th, 2019 and continue until the position is filled. While we thank all applicants, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.