The Smart Green Communities Program is Growing!
Smart Green Communities is a membership-based program for municipalities and First Nations in Northeastern Ontario, focused on developing strategies to reduce energy costs and greenhouse gas emissions. Our program provides technical and interpretive support for municipalities undertaking processes of energy and emissions planning.
What are your energy concerns?
Smart Green Communities is actively working to plan future energy needs with municipalities on Manitoulin Island and the North Shore. Take a moment to share your thoughts on energy needs in your home or business through our simple survey:
What Smart Green Communities Program membership provides:
- Support and training on the provincial energy planning process for municipal leadership teams
- Assistance preparing funding applications
- Facilities audits and recommendations for energy efficiency measures
- Energy baseline profiles using carbon accounting software + sustainability reporting
- Analysis of community consultation data
- Assistance interpreting and aligning energy planning with the responsibilities of municipalities under the Planning Act
For more information about your community's eligibility, contact:
Raili Lakanen, Sustainability and Energy Planner
(705) 674-1685 x107