Digital Communications Officer
*Note: Funding for this delay has been delayed. We are not interviewing at this time, but will continue to accept resumes and will keep them on file until funding is confirmed.*
Job Title: Digital Communications Officer
Start Date: Dependent on funding
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Salary: $35,000 Annually
Reports to: Communications Director
reThink Green’s mission is to bring together ideas, partners and resources to build a sustainable community in Northeastern Ontario and beyond. By bringing together the grassroots, non-profits, businesses and government, reThink Green creates community networks which promote creative collaboration and dialogue about local and global environmental issues and empower communities and organizations to meet their environmental and sustainability goals.
Current projects include Green Economy North (a target-based sustainability program for businesses), Smart Green Communities (municipal sustainability planning), The Forge (a social enterprise co-working space), and the Greater Sudbury Earth Festival. We also support community projects such as Plastic-Free Greater Sudbury and the Greater Sudbury Food Policy Council through a shared platform.
The Digital Communications Officer will directly assist the Communications Director to design, create and update branded communication materials for all reThink Green’s programs and events. They will assist in the production of short videos to promote and highlight programs, events and members. They will also help with the planning, promotion, and delivery reThink Green, Green Economy North and Smart Green Communities events.
Digital Content Creation (50%)
- Design, create, update, and organize branded digital communication materials for all reThink Green programs and events including Green Economy North, Smart Green Communities and the Earth Festival.
- Oversee the design, creation, and production of annual reports
- Design online and print ads for external advertising agencies
- Maintain online member profiles for all reThink Green programs
- Assist with updating website graphics/imagery and content
- Assist with content creation for the reThink Green digital newsletter
- Plan, shoot, edit, and produce finished member profile videos for all reThink Green programs
- Capture reThink Green program events through videography and photography
- Edit and produce final photographs and videos for reThink Green and program events
Event Support (15%)
- Assist with the planning, promotion, and delivery of the Greater Sudbury Earth Festival
- Assist with the planning, promotion, and delivery of the Green Economy North Evening of Recognition
- Assist with other reThink Green events as required throughout the year
Social Media (10%)
- Help to maintain all reThink Green-owned social media accounts accross all platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education in graphic design, visual communications, photography, videography and/or related fields
- Demonstrated experience designing and producing digital communication materials and videos.
- Understanding of the various marketing platforms, including traditional media and social media;
- Ability to work in French and English is a significant asset.
- Experience planning, promoting, and delivering community events is a asset
- Knowledge of environmental issues, sustainablity, and the low-carbon economy is considered an asset.
KEY SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS
Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills (oral, written and visual) Attention to detail in all communication. French language skills are assets.
Project Management Skills: Conscientious and detail-oriented; ability to plan, strategize, set goals, develop work plans, work efficiently and track progress; strong ability to work independently; ability to multi-task and assist with multiple projects and initiatives; initiative to explore new ideas and create new opportunities; ability to make decisions and resolve problems.
Interpersonal Skills: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations. Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions.
Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and adapt to a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Ability to learn new technologies and master new skills.
Environmental Knowledge: Current knowledge of key environmental issues, including climate change. Continued interest in learning and expanding knowledge of the Greater Sudbury environmental community.
This position is funded is open to applicants who:
- Have graduated from an accredited post-secondary program within the last three years
- Are seeking first time employment in their field of study
- Are eligible and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Have not participated previously in a federal or provincial youth employment or internship program
HOW TO APPLY
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Interviews will begin March 2nd, 2020 and continue until the position is filled. While we thank all applicants, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.