Job Title: Forge Social Incubator Coordinator
Term:June 18, 2018 – June 21, 2019
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
reThink Green is an environmental not-for-profit organization that brings together ideas, partners, and resources to build a more sustainable community in Northeastern Ontario. Current projects include the Forge Social Incubator, the annual Greater Sudbury Earth Festival, Green Economy North, Smart Green Communities, Shared Platforms, and the Sudbury Commuter Challenge. By bringing together the community, businesses and government, reThink Green promotes creative collaboration and dialogue about local and global environmental issues.
The Forge is a social incubation co-working space in downtown Sudbury. Currently on the 3rd floor of 176 Larch St., residency in The Forge gives you access to a high quality office space, The Green Room for use as a board room, meeting room, or workshop space. There are private offices, permanent desks and hot desks all available. As a social incubator, the Forge allows members to connect with likeminded colleagues, attend capacity building workshops, and enhance productivity.
The Forge Social Incubator Coordinator oversees and implements the expansion and reboot of the Forge Social Incubator Co-Working space program of reThink Green. The main goals are: 1) Implement the physical expansion of the Forge Co-Working space; and 2) Enhance the branding and offerings of the Forge Social incubator space by developing the Shared Platform and Shared Services offerings
Forge Space Renovations
Act as project officer in implementing the Forge Space makeover, including:
- Seek funding for renovations including through public funding and private revenue generation
- Coordinate with design and build teams to ensure renovations to space occur on time and on schedule
Shared Platform and Shared Services
Working with Managing Director, create and implement the Shared Services project including:
- Market research, package development and pricing development;
- Working with the Managing Director, refine and revise the Shared Platform offering
- Working with Shared Platform partners to implement their projects.
Marketing and Promotion
- Work with Communications Director to review and reshape brand awareness for the Forge
- Work with Comm’s Director in creating and implementing a marketing plan for the Forge, including print materials and social media presence
- Work with Comm’s director to create and implement a marketing plan for the Shared Platform and Shared Services initiatives
Education and Experience
- University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
- A degree in Business Administration and/or Communications/ Marketing.
- A background in Environmental studies would be an asset.
- Bilingualism an asset
Applications are due June 7, 2018. Send detailed cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.Interviews will begin immediately after closing date, and continue until posting is filled. While we thank all applicants, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.