Job Title: Outreach & Operations Coordinator
Start Date: Monday February 6th
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Starting Salary: $31200/year
Reports to: reThink Green Program Manager & Executive Director, Clean Air Sudbury Co-chairs
This position is shared between reThink Green and Clean Air Sudbury.
reThink Green brings together ideas, partners and resources to build a sustainable community in Northeastern Ontario and beyond. Current projects include Green Economy North, a business support program for organizations looking to meet environmental sustainability targets, providing the networks, resources and expertise needed to set goals and be recognized for progress made.
Clean Air Sudbury is a non-profit community group focused on air quality issues in Greater Sudbury. Their mission is to compile, summarize and disseminate local air quality information, promote education and awareness of community air quality issues, and to provide opportunities for the public to get involved in air quality improvements
The Outreach and Operations Coordinator will take the lead on these duties with the support of other staff and volunteers.
Member Outreach (40%)
- Direct engagement with Green Economy North member organizations, providing education and support for progress along their membership milestones from onboarding through to target setting on sustainability metrics
- Education of carbon accounting and the use of carbon accounting software
- Support for sustainability action planning
Community Outreach (40%)
- Creation of an education and outreach plan for Clean Air Sudbury
- Development of educational resources related to air quality and climate change, presentation materials and community engagement strategies
- Development of a report on local climate change mitigation and adaptation initiatives
- Outreach activities at local community events, engaging with and presenting at a variety of community organizations and schools
Operational Support (20%)
- Administrative support for Green Economy North membership engagement
- Administrative support for Clean Air Sudbury, including co-ordination of board meetings
- Coordination of digital communications for Clean Air Sudbury
- Business development and grant writing support for Clean Air Sudbury
- Other administrative tasks as assigned by the Executive Director.
Education, skills and experience
- Post-secondary education related to environment and business such as Environmental Management, Sustainable Business, or Science Communications.
- Experience with development of outreach planning and strategies, development of educational resources, and delivering presentations to a variety of audiences
- Experience with environmental monitoring of urban infrastructure (e.g. energy audits, waste audits, air quality)
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Experience with office administration
Key Skills and Characteristics
Project Management Skills: Conscientious and detail-oriented; ability to plan, strategize, set goals, develop work plans, work efficiently and track progress; strong ability to work independently; ability to multi-task and assist with multiple projects and initiatives; initiative to explore new ideas and create new opportunities; ability to make decisions and resolve problems.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills (oral and written); knowledge of effective tools and strategies to engage members, the media and the general public; creativity to keep communications fresh and exciting; bilingualism considered a significant asset.
- Interpersonal Skills: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of clients to meet or exceed their expectations. Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions.
Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and adapt to a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Ability to learn new technologies and master new skills.
- Environmental Knowledge: Current knowledge of key environmental issues, particularly Air Quality and Climate Change. Continued interest in learning and expanding knowledge of the Greater Sudbury environmental community.
This position is open to applicants who:
University or college graduate who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university. The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program. The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. While we thank all applicants, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.